Dear Brothers and Sisters in the Lord,
Have you ever gotten a little particle of dust, or some other kind of debris, stuck in your eye? It happens to me virtually each time I mow our yard. And it’s so aggravating, and painful!
There have been several occasions when I’ve had to summon Carol for her assistance in getting rid of it. Sometimes you can’t even see it, but you know it’s there for sure! On such occasions, I am thankful that my dear wife has a steady hand, a soft touch, and clear vision! She has never even once come to assist me in my ophthalmological distress with a hammer and a screwdriver! It takes patience, tenderness, and profound sensitivity to help someone in such a condition.
Well, Jesus our Lord spoke of this exact situation in Matthew 7:1-5. And in the midst of His lesson on spiritual “eye” problems, He raised another of His unusual questions, and it’s aimed at all those who are His disciples:
“Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?” (7:3).
Our message this Sunday will explore this convicting question. Let’s pray fervently that we can ‘see’ why He raised it and what it teaches us!
Coffee With Our Missionaries Next Sunday!
Don’t forget that next Lord’s Day, June 25, we will have a coffee-fellowship with Rev. Steve and Rita Williams, our missionaries to New Zealand. Please come and meet them at 10:00 AM in the Narthex!
I love you all so much!
Welcome to Christ Presbyterian Church! Thank you for joining us for worship. If this is your ﬁrst time visiting our church, please ﬁll out a visitor card and place it in the offerings box at the back of the sanctuary. If you have any needs or would like additional information, please see one of our elders or deacons. Finally, if you require hearing assistance or a pew cushion, please see one of our men in the sound booth at the rear of the sanctuary.
We now have our 200+ video inventory on YouTube arranged in PlayLists by category. Most of the videos are Sermons, Worship Services, and Sunday School Sessions and they’re now sorted by topic/sermon series. If you haven’t subscribed to our channel, feel free to do so and click on the bell button so you will be notified immediately upon addition of new videos. To find the menu of PlayLists, Click here.
• Nursery: Ladies, please consider serving in our nursery during a Sunday service. Seeking ladies who have already raised their children and would like to serve our young moms who need to be in worship. Please contact Amanda Dean.
• Monthly lunch ﬁrst Thursday of the month at Timbers Edge Clubhouse at 11
• Senior Fellows will have breakfast on the first Tuesday of each month at 9 AM at the church. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Men’s Friday Bible Study – 11:30-12:30 at the church.
CPC Ice Cream Social – SAVE THE DATE – Sunday, August 27. CPC will showcase CREATIONS by members of our church. If you are the creator of art of any type (e.g. pottery, sewing, paper crafts, writing, photography, quilting, poetry, flower arranging, woodworking), you are invited to display your talents in the CPC Fellowship Room during the Ice Cream Social. There will be a sign-up sheet in the narthex.
See christpreshamptoncove.org for detailed news and upcoming events.
Healing: Please pray for the health of the following individuals: Kristy York, Collins Bailey, Perry Calvert, Bill Cowley, and Elizabeth Holton, and Steve Terry.
Expecting – Please pray for the Paseurs due in August, the Prinzingers, Lancasters, Elliotts and Joe and Jennifer Calvert, all expecting in October and the Tomlinsons due in November.
Ministries: Please pray for the following missionaries and ministries:
• Seth and Jessica Lewis (Ireland)
• Steve and Rita Williams (New Zealand)
• Noah and Karleigh Stephens (Thailand)
• Vinnie and Molly Athey (RUF at UAH)
•Marcus and Jessica Nobles (RUF at Alabama A&M)
• Ken and Angie Burnett (FCA)
• Franky and Alaina Garcia (church plant in Canada)
• Dieter and Marty Paulson (church plant in Scottsboro, AL)
• Gannon Miles (seminary student)
• The Huntsville Pregnancy Resource Center.