My Beloved Ones in Christ Jesus,
This coming Lord’s Day, we will look once again at the words of Jesus as recorded in Luke 12:1-7. You will recall that in this episode, our Savior is teaching the disciples how they are to serve Him faithfully, especially in seasons of conflict and adversity. We have identified three main lessons, the first two we considered last week:
Be very wary of phony, hypocritical spiritual leaders (vv. 1-3)
Make sure you fear the right person (vv. 4-5)
Rest in your Father’s great love and providential care (vv. 6-7)
In verses 6-7, Jesus provides us with two very simple illustrations of our Father’s care for us. You can see that it involves “sparrows” and the “hairs” on our heads.
As we probe these words together on Sunday, we will discover the most wonderful things about the love, power, and wisdom of the One who has saved us by the blood of His Son. And, oddly enough, we shall learn that one sure way to make our vision of our Father bigger is to consider the small things!
Before I go, I want to pass on a link to a very good post from one of our faithful PCA pastors, Rev. Nick Batzig. Nick serves as the senior pastor of Church Creek PCA in Charleston, SC and is an associate editor for Ligonier Ministries. I think you’ll be blessed by his words, especially as we enter the month of June (which, as you know, has been tragically turned into a month long celebration of the worst kind of human depravity).
I love you all so much!
Welcome to Christ Presbyterian Church! Thank you for joining us for worship. If this is your ﬁrst time visiting our church, please ﬁll out a visitor card and place it in the offerings box at the back of the sanctuary. If you have any needs or would like additional information, please see one of our elders or deacons. Finally, if you require hearing assistance or a pew cushion, please see one of our men in the sound booth at the rear of the sanctuary.
• VBS 2023: The Race is On! June 12-15 9:00am-12:00pm. Registration and more info on the Church Center app or our web site by clicking on this link: VBS Registration.
• Nursery: If you would like to serve in our nursery during service on Sundays, please contact Amanda Dean.
• Senior Fellows – Our next breakfast will be at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, June 6. At 10:00 AM Marcus Nobles, RUF Leader at Alabama A&M, will discuss today’s college environment for Christian students. Students and parents are invited to join us at 10:00.
Healing: Please pray for the health of the following individuals: Collins Bailey, Perry Calvert, Bill Cowley, and Elizabeth Holton, and Steve Terry.
Expecting – Please pray for the Paseurs due in August, the Prinzingers, Lancasters, Elliotts and Joe and Jennifer Calvert, all expecting in October and the Tomlinsons due in November.
Ministries: Please pray for the following missionaries and ministries:
• Seth and Jessica Lewis (Ireland)
• Steve and Rita Williams (New Zealand)
• Noah and Karleigh Stephens (Thailand)
• Vinnie and Molly Athey (RUF at UAH)
•Marcus and Jessica Nobles (RUF at Alabama A&M)
• Ken and Angie Burnett (FCA)
• Franky and Alaina Garcia (church plant in Canada)
• Dieter and Marty Paulson (church plant in Scottsboro, AL)
• Gannon Miles (seminary student)
• The Huntsville Pregnancy Resource Center.