Welcome to Christ Presbyterian Church! Thank you for joining us for worship. If this is your first time visiting our church, please fill out a visitor card and place it in the offerings box at the back of the sanctuary. If you have any needs or would like additional information, please see one of our elders or deacons. Finally, if you require hearing assistance or a pew cushion, please see one of our men in the sound booth at the rear of the sanctuary.
Fall Supper Clubs
Fall Supper Clubs are groups of (usually) 4 couples/singles that meet together once a month from Sept-Dec. Each couple/single takes one of the months and plans the get-together.–potluck dinner in a home, restaurant, picnic, however you would like to host. It’s a great way to get to know others in the church on a deeper level and to make new relationships.
To sign up, please click the link below and sign up by Aug. 20. If you have questions, please contact Carol Cummings.
Safety Notice: There are several damaged trees surrounding our parking lot. Please do not park or walk under these trees.
• Sunday School: Sunday School returns on Sept. 10th at 9:15 a.m. Please register your infants -12th graders on Church Center.
• Nursery – If you would like to serve in our nursery during service, contact Amanda Dean.
• Senior Sisters meet monthly on the 3rd Thursday, 10-11:30am
• Senior Sisters exercise class meets Mondays at the church, 10-11:30am
• Monthly lunch 1st Thursday of the month at Timbers Edge Clubhouse at 11
• The Tuesday Morning Fall Bible Study will start Tuesday , Sept 5th at 9:30am at the Church. Childcare will be provided. Topic: “When You Pray”. Contact Amy Schnorrenberg for more information
• NEW DAY for Women’s Evening Fall Bible Study. Begins Tuesday Night, Sept 5th from 6:00pm-73:0pm at the home of Cynthia Keen. We will be studying Jen Wilkin’s study “Abide” on 1, 2 and 3 John.
• Women’s Morning Fall Bible Study will begin Wednesday, Sept 6th from 10am-11:30am at the Church. Mike Calvert will continue his series on Ephesians.
• Senior Fellows next breakfast will be at 9 AM on Tuesday, Sept. 5th. Our Summer Book Study, ‘We Cannot be Silent’ by Albert Mohler, meets at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, Aug. 16.
• Reformation Cup Golf Tournament – Friday, August 25th at RTJ Hampton Cove. Please contact Ben Calvert for registration and details.
• Men’s Friday Bible Study – Our study of Ephesians 4-6 will begin on Friday, September 8th at 11:30.
Meals and Fellowship Ministries
• Creations Fellowship and CPC Ice Cream Social – The creations showcase and ice cream social will be on Sunday, August 27th from 3 to 5 at the church.
• 2nd Sunday Lunches will resume September 10th. Please make plans to join us after worship for a fellowship meal. A sign up genius will go out the week before through email.
• Fall Supper Club – Sign-up is available through Aug. 20. Please see the announcement and link on the church website.
Career Ministry – Bible study & fellowship meets at the home of Jim and Sharon Daughtry, Sundays at 5:30 PM. See christpreshamptoncove.org for detailed news and upcoming events.
PRAYER REQUESTS Healing – Please pray for the health of the following individuals: Collins Bailey, Perry Calvert, Bill Cowley, Elizabeth Holton, Steve Terry and Kristy York
Expecting – Please pray for the Prinzingers, Lancasters, Elliotts and Joe and Jennifer Calvert, all expecting in October and the Tomlinsons due in November.
Ministries: Please pray for the following missionaries and ministries:
• Seth and Jessica Lewis (Ireland)
• Steve and Rita Williams (New Zealand)
• Noah and Karleigh Stephens (Thailand)
• Vinnie and Molly Athey (RUF at UAH)
• Marcus and Jessica Nobles (RUF at Alabama A&M)
• Ken and Angie Burnett (FCA)
• Franky and Alaina Garcia (church plant in Canada)
• Dieter and Marty Paulson (church plant in Scottsboro, AL)
• Gannon Miles (seminary student)
• The Huntsville Pregnancy Resource Center