Wednesday August 7, 2019
Dear Parents of Middle and High School Students, and CPC Youth,
I wanted to let you know of our plans for our Bible Teaching Ministry to our students that will commence in just a few short weeks. There are two main areas I want to focus upon.
Our fall semester of Sunday School will begin on September 8, at 9:15 AM.
- Our Middle School Sunday School Class (grades 6-8) will meet downstairs at the Church house and will be taught by Graham and Sarah Burgess.
- Our High School Class (grades 9-12) will meet upstairs at the Church house and will be taught by Glen Doughty.
Sunday Night Fellowship and Bible Study
Then, on every-other Sunday Night, beginning August 25 from 4:30-6:30 PM, our Middle and High School students will meet at the Church for a time of fellowship and Bible study.
The nightly schedule will go as follows:
- 4:30-5:00 PM–Joint fellowship and fun time in the fellowship hall
- 5:00-6:00 PM–Separate Bible Studies:
Middle School Bible Study (grades 6-8) led by Pastor Mike and Matthew Elliott
High School Bible Study (grades 9-12) led by Ken Burnett
- 6:00-6:15 PM–Joint snack and fellowship time in fellowship hall (parents may pick up their students from 6:15-6:30 PM).
The full schedule of Sunday night meetings for the remainder of the fall will be released next week.
Both our Sunday School and Sunday Night Studies are open to all of our Middle and High School Youth. Plus, we encourage visitors to attend as well, especially those who may not know our Lord, or those who are not involved in a local Church.
I am especially looking forward to making some good connections with our Youth this fall, and I would ask that you begin praying for these ministries and leaders, and each of our young people.
If you should have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or Ken Burnett.
Prayer for High School Graduates
This coming Sunday, August 11 (at the beginning of our service), we will have a special time of prayer for any of our High School Seniors who have graduated this spring. If you are one of our High School graduates, and you will be in attendance this Sunday, please let me know by this Saturday.
I love you all so very much, and it is such a joy to be your pastor and brother in the Lord!